Saturday, March 14, 2009

HUMANITY

Why does sometimes it seem that the world is impossible...Why sometimes people can’t see what you see...Is it because that they are blind or because you are having delusions...or just because the world is like that................
I was walking to my wards for duties and ran into one of my classmates...he asked about the first class...actually I myself wanted him to ask...I told him that I missed it as could not sleep the previous night...when he asked the reason I told him that I saw a documentary about ABU GHARIB prison and that was enough to take my sleep...
As I said this he reacted pretending to be cool that he was not affected by any such things...he was far too strong for that...I thought he said so because he thought that it would impress me...Instead he made me feel disgusted...
If a man is in pain and we feel his pain...is that weakness...?
If we see someone suffering and decide to raise voice for him, be it anyone...Is it social work...?
I disagree....to feel someone’s pain is not weakness but humanity...to help someone is not social work but it’s that what we humans are supposed to do...call it human work...!!!
As a Muslim I don’t believe in Darwin’s theory of origin of man...but as a medical student I do believe that environment has an effect on our genetic makeup...and possibly that is the reason why now-a-days feelings that are so very human are regarded as WEAKNESS or SOCIAL WORK...
Even animals can think for themselves, look for their food and shelter...if we actually claim to be humans there ought to be some difference...we got to start behaving like humans before it’s too late...too late to begin again...

Mariam Shadan
MBBS 2K5
JNMCH, Aligarh

No comments:

Post a Comment